Building Permits

A Building Permit is required for the following work:

  • New construction.
  • Remodel work.
  • Plumbing repair or alteration.
  • Electrical repair or alteration.
  • Accessory buildings.
  • Fences.
  • Irrigation.
  • Heating work.
  • Mechanical work.
  • Connections to City of Eudora water system.


Some projects may require:

  • Two (2) sets of plans stamped by a certified professional; 
  • Two (2) sets of a site plan submitted by a Kansas-licensed surveyor; and
  • Performance of work ONLY by a contractor licensed with the City of Eudora.

Check with Building and Codes Administrator Curt Baumann by email or at 785-542-3124 before submitting your application. Note that review of building permit applications takes a minimum of FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS. 


In addition a to a building permit, contractors must be licensed to perform work with the City of Eudora. Please fill out and submit a contractor’s license application before proceeding with any contract work in Eudora.

Eudora Contractor License Application