- City Manager's Office
- Building, Planning, Zoning & Codes
- Site Development Plans
All applications for building permits for new construction or expansion of any existing buildings in multifamily, commercial, and industrial zoning districts are subject to site (development) plan review. Both Preliminary and Final Site Plans are required prior to obtaining a building permit.
The pre-application meeting provides an opportunity for an applicant and City staff to exchange information and discuss issues that impact the design of the project.
For questions about the pre-application meeting or to schedule a meeting, contact Building and Codes Administrator Curt Baumann at 785-542-3124.
Preliminary Development Plan
1. Hold the pre-application meeting.
2. Complete the Affidavit of Ownership.
3. Prepare the Preliminary Development Plan in accordance with current zoning regulations.
4. Conduct any technical studies identified during the pre-application meeting.
5. Complete the Preliminary Development Plan Checklist.
6. Complete and submit the Preliminary Development Plan Application and application fee.
7. Staff review.
8. Planning Commission public hearing.
9. City Commission public hearing.
Final Development Plan
1. Prepare the Final Development Plan in accordance with current zoning regulations.
2. Conduct any remaining technical studies identified during the Preliminary Development Plan review process.
3. Obtain deeds of dedication for all rights-of-way or easements required as a result of the Preliminary Development Plan approval.
4. Complete the Final Development Plan Checklist.
5. Complete and submit the Final Development Plan Application and application fee.
6. Staff review.
7. Planning Commission public hearing.
8. City Commission public hearing, if applicable.