Fireworks Sales

Application for permit to sell consumer fireworks in the City of Eudora shall be in writing on forms provided by the City of Eudora Fire Department. Completed applications must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to the event. Incomplete applications shall be returned. Approved applications are for the sale of legal 1.4G (consumer fireworks) in the State of Kansas. Click HERE to download the application.

Open Burn permit

Permits are required for all open burning. These permits can be obtained at Eudora City Fire Department during normal business hours at 930 Main Street - use public entrance on SW corner of building.  A burn permit can only be obtained by the legal property owner. When burning, the permit must be readily accessible on site at all times.  Once a permit is obtained, the applicant must call the Douglas County Dispatch Center just prior to igniting their fire (785) 843-0250. Click HERE for Rangeland Fire Danger Forecast from the National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office.

Residential Fees

  • $10
  •  No pre-inspection needed, subject to spot checks by Police and Fire Departments
  •  Good for 3 days from date of issuance

Commercial / Agricultural/Industrial / Construction Site Fees

  • $50  
  • Inspection required by Fire Department prior to burning
  • Good for 7 days from date of issuance
  • Can Burn - Leaves, twigs, brush, untreated scrap wood, tree limbs, clippings and most organic and natural materials.
  • Can NOT burn - Shingles, tires, tar paper, household trash, plastics, furniture or man-made synthetic materials.